Organic fertilisers are superior to chemical fertilisers in that they provide a slow release of nutrients and don’t easily ‘burn’ plants if overused. Two of the best organic fertilisers today are still the humble fish and seaweed fertilisers.
Fish Fertiliser contains a rich source of the essential nutrients- nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium as well as fish oil, protein and a range of other complex organic compounds. These nutrients work together to promote:
- healthier overall growth with deep greening of the leaves
- beneficial microbial and earthworm activity in the soil
- better flower and bud development
- bigger, tastier fruit and vegetables.
Liquid Seaweed Fertiliser works in a very different way to fish fertiliser. It is quite extraordinary in that it has quite a low level of nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium. Instead, it is high in vitamins, trace elements, minerals, proteins and things called alginates, auxins, cytokinins, gibberellins and phenolic compounds which help stimulate beneficial micro-organisms in the soil. The combination of these nutrients work wonders for our plants and soil to help promote:
- flowering and fruiting
- root growth and vigour
- plant resistance to weather extremes
- resistance to transplant shock
- extended life of flowers and blooming time
- resistance to disease and pest attack
- nutrient rich healthy soil
Liquid seaweed and pure fish fertiliser work even better when combined or mixed together. Try Searles Fish & Kelp on your vegetables, a purely organic blend of the highest quality fish & kelp ingredients.